Farimah Farahmandi is an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida. She received her Ph.D. from the Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering at the University of Florida, 2018. She received her B.S. and M.S. from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Tehran, Iran in 2010 and 2013, respectively. Her research interests include design automation of System-on-Chips and energy-efficient systems, formal verification, hardware security validation, and post-silicon validation and debug. Her research has resulted in two books, seven book chapters, and several publications in premier ACM/IEEE journals and conferences including IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on CAD, Design Automation Conference (DAC), and Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE). Her research has been recognized by several awards including IEEE System Validation and Debug Technology Committee Student Research Award, Gartner Group Info-Tech Scholarship, a nomination for the Best Paper Award in ASPDAC 2017, and DAC Richard Newton Young Student Fellowship. She has actively collaborated with various research groups (IBM, Intel, and Cisco) that has led to several joint publications. She currently serves as an Associate Editor of IET Computers & Digital Techniques. She also has served on many technical program committees as well as organizing committees of premier ACM and IEEE conferences. Her research has been sponsored by SRC, AFRL, DARPA, and Cisco. She is a member of IEEE and ACM.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA. (01/2019- Present)
- Postdoc Researcher, Embedded Systems Laboratory, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA. (08/2018 – 12/2018)
- Research Assistant, Embedded Systems Laboratory, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA. (08/2013 – 08/2018)
- Research Intern, Cisco Systems, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. (05/2016 – 08/2016)
- Research Assistant, CAD Research Lab, University of Tehran, Iran (08/2011 – 08/2011)
Honors and Awards
- ACM SIGDA scholarship for Ph.D. Forum at Design Automation Conference, 2018.
- Gartner Group Info Tech Scholarship, CISE department, University of Florida, 2017.
- IEEE System Validation and Debug Technology Committee Student Research Award, January 2017.
- ACM Capital Region Celebration of Women in Computing Conference Scholarship, February 2017.
- Microsoft Research and ACM Full Scholarship CRA-W Grad Workshop, April 2016.
- DAC Richard Newton Young Student Fellowship Award, June 2015.